Free Workshops- Feeding Your Baby Solid Foods
Updated May 28th, 2019
Are you interested in a free workshop that teaches you how to introduce solids to your baby? Usually public health dietitians offer monthly classes across the city for parents and caregivers, family and friends. Due to COVID-19, all “Feeding Your Baby Solid Foods” Workshops have been cancelled until further notice. The good news is you can watch the videos below, developed by our WRHA Public Health Dietitians. Along with this website they provide the most up-to-date information on introducing solid foods to your baby.
- Feeding your Baby Solid Foods video
- Recorded workshop session on the Dial-a-Dietitian Facebook page found here
The following topics are covered in the video and workshop:
- When to introduce solid foods
- Making and safely storing homemade baby food
- Helping your baby develop healthy eating habits
- Your baby and family foods
- Making meal time enjoyable and stress-free
If you still have additional questions about feeding your baby, call the local Public Health Dietitian in your community area. Their contact information can be found on the WRHA website.
Other free programs
For more community supports and programs, Community Resources for Families.
If you have a nutrition or food question, call Dial-a-Dietitian Manitoba at 204-788-8248 in Winnipeg or 1-877-830-2892. The Dial-a-Dietitian phone number is currently redirected to Health Links-Info Santé. You can leave a message with a nurse and a dietitian will return your call.